East Link Light Rail and Travel Options
Construction is under way on East Link, an extension of Sound Transit Link Light Rail service to Mercer Island, Bellevue and Overlake. See the alert below: Service between Bellevue and Redmond will launch in spring 2024!
We’re here to keep you posted on the latest information about the upcoming service as the launch gets closer, so stay tuned to this page.
- Just announced on Aug. 24: Sound Transit Board approves Spring 2024 opening for eight 2 Line stations - New Eastside Link service will launch between Bellevue and Redmond! Read the news release at Sound Transit's website.
- Construction on the Downtown Bellevue Tunnel was complete in August 2020. Read Sound Transit's article on the matter.
- East Link light rail construction is over 50% complete. Read more from Sound Transit. (April 2019).
- The Rainier Freeway Station at I-90 in Seattle is closed as of Sept. 22, 2018. It will reopen as Judkins Park Link Station in 2023. Read our blog post on what you need to know..
- As of May 2017 Sound Transit has closed the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride to accommodate East Link construction. Read our informative blog posts to help you get around during the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride closure:
- Diamond Parking Service long-term parking lots- direct service to Seattle from the Eastside
- Park-and-Ride from Bellevue to Seattle
- A South Bellevue Park-and-Ride alternative story
- Priority parking at park-and-rides for carpoolers
- The South Bellevue Park-and-Ride is closing soon; do you know what your options are?
- May 6, 2023 Project Update