To mitigate transportation impacts of development, Bellevue City Codes
14.60.080 (click on 14.60) require certain properties to develop Transportation Management Programs, or TMPs, based on the size and land use of the development.
TMP elements may include:
- Designating a transportation coordinator for the property;
- Posting and distributing information about commuting by transit, rideshare, foot, bicycle, and other alternatives to driving alone;
- Providing preferential parking locations to carpools and vanpools;
- Providing incentives such as transit pass subsidies and reduced-price carpool/vanpool parking to commuters who choose not to drive alone; and
- Providing low-cost taxi rides home to onsite employee transit riders, carpoolers and vanpoolers who encounter an unexpected need to leave early or stay late owing to illness, home emergency or employer requirement.