Cycle Your Commute
For short to medium distances, bicycling is an ideal way to get to and from work or school, while getting a little exercise to boot. Instead of putting on your seatbelt and sitting in place, put on your helmet and start your day the active way! If you live too far away to bike the entire distance, try combining riding your bike with riding the bus -- all the buses have bike racks just for you.
What bike maps are available?
Additional Bike Maps:
Where can I park my Bike?
Is There Somewhere I Can Take A Shower?Downtown Bellevue bike commuters: If your building doesn’t have facilities, there are several Downtown fitness centers that offer discounted shower memberships to bike commuters. Contact the following establishments for details:
- Extreme Fitness Studios (Symetra Financial Center—777 108th Ave. NE), (425) 283-1971,email@example.com
- $90 quarterly, $160 for six months, $240 a year. Includes towel service.
- Shawn Casey Results Fitness (Pacific Plaza—155 108th Ave. NE), (425) 451-8281, firstname.lastname@example.org
- $19.99+tax per month
What Resources Are Available For First-Time Riders?
Cascade Bicycle Club Commuter Classes – Cascade Bicycle Club offers customized classes hosted at your worksite about biking to work.
Cascade Bicycle Club Commuter Message Boards – Online guidance about bicycle commuting, finding the best commute routes, and more! If you're new to bicycle commuting, check out the Bike Commuting forum to get bike route tips from seasoned commuters.
Washington State Commute Bicycle Commute Guide – A Step by step guide in preparing to become a bicycle commuter.
- Bike Bellevue, a group on MapMyRide.com that presents preferred routes around the city
- Cascade Bicycle Club
- Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
- Redmond Cycling Club
- Seattle Bicycle Club
- Seattle Bike Blog
- Walking and Biking page from City of Bellevue website
- Safe Bicycling in King County Traffic Basics Guide
Mix & Match Your Commute
|Fair-weather biker? Carpool the other days. Or bike to meet your vanpool buddies at a park and ride or other convenient pick-up location.|
|Fair weather biker? Carpool the other days. Or bike to meet your vanpool buddies at a park and ride or other convenient pick-up location.|
Use Hand Signals
Whenever you change lanes or turn, signal with your arm.