Share the Ride in a Carpool
Gas is expensive and traffic can slow you down. Go with others and cut the cost by sharing gas and save time by using the HOV lanes. Carpooling makes sense, it's fun and it’s a great way to make new friends!
Plan to share the drive with others in your area. Check if your worksite or school has a bulletin board or online resource for meeting potential carpool mates. For those carpoolers under 18, the driver must have an unrestricted license to be a carpool driver.
Make sure to buckle up, drive safely, find some music that everyone can enjoy, and check out the information below.
Looking for people to form a carpool with or need additional information? Check out the links below:
- Where can I get more information about carpooling?
- Where can I find carpool partners?
- RideshareOnline.com – Internet regional ridematch system
- Regional Ridematch Application – An alternative to online ridematching
- Downtown Bellevue On The Move – Downtown Bellevue residents and employees can search for carpool partners that live or work nearby.
- Contact the Regional Ridematch System at 1-888-814-1300.
- Or ask your employer.
- How many people do I need to use the HOV lanes?
- Is there preferential carpool loading on the Washington State Ferries?
- How much money will I save by carpooling?
Mix & Match Your Commute
|Keep your tennis shoes at work and walk to your carpool partner's work site for exercise if they have to work a little later.|
|Work at home one day a week or so.|
|Meet your carpool buddies at a convenient pick-up location. Or carpool three or four days a week if five won't work.|