Choose the Bus
Choose to ride the bus and leave the driving to the bus driver! If you own a car, riding the bus to work or school is rewarding because it puts less wear and tear on it, you do not have to pay for gas and you can relax during the trip by reading a book or taking a nap. New to riding the bus or taking the bus to a new destination? The links below will make riding the bus a breeze.
Relax and Leave the Driving to Metro or Sound Transit
Find the Metro or Sound Transit Bus You Need
- Find your route – Use this page to see which routes serve a location.
- Find your schedule – Use this page to find the scheduled times of routes that serve a location.
- Find your stop – Use this page to find the five closest stops to a location.
- Just want the list of Bellevue bus schedules? – Find every bus schedule in Bellevue!
Real-Time Bus Trackers
- OneBusAway.org – User-friendly real-time bus locator with web, texting and phone options.
- Metro's Tracker – Online tracking to see when you have to be at your stop, provided through Location View or Map View.
- King County Metro Trip Planner – Create free custom transit plans on King County Metro (also shows Sound Transit routes).
- Sound Transit Trip Planner – Create free custome transit plans on Sound Transit (also shows King County Metro routes).
- Google Maps – Plan your trip and get the benefit of great maps. Click on "Get Directions,"and choose "By Public Transit" instead of "By Car."
- Dadnab.com – Use text messaging any time of the day or night to plan your next trip. Save this number in your cell phone!
- Downtown Bellevue Transit Map – View bus routes that go through downtown.
- King County Transit System Map – View or download a map of the entire system, or zoom in on your Bellevue neighborhood and find what bus to ride.
- King County Frequent Service Map – View bus routes that run frequently in Bellevue.
Bus Fares, Passes and ORCA Cards
- Metro Transit fare information
- Sound Transit fare information
- Obtain and load/reload your ORCA card with a Regional Transit Pass, Agency Transit Pass or E-purse (electronic purse; acts as cash) at the ticket vending machine located at the Bellevue Transit Center and at the Eastgate Park and Ride. Several ticket vending machines are also located in the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel and along Sound Transit's Central Link Light Rail route.
- In Bellevue, ORCA cards may also be obtained ("adult" cards only), loaded and reloaded at the Safeway and QFC stores including the downtown Safeway store (300 Bellevue Way) from 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. daily, and the downtown QFC store (10116 NE 8th Street) from 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. daily. Click here for additional ORCA retail locations for purchase and loading.
- You may also obtain, load and reload your ORCA card online; by calling
1-888-988-6722 / TTY Relay: 711, 888-889-6368 during regular business hours; or by visiting an ORCA Customer Service Office.
Bus Hubs and Key Destinations
- King County Park & Rides – Addresses, maps and more for all King County Park & Rides.
- Which buses make connections to SeaTac Airport? – Get to the airport from Bellevue for $2.50 or less!
Apps and Mobile Tools
- App Center – Check out these apps that use Metro transit data.
- How to ride a Metro bus – Never been on a bus? Check this link out first!
- How do I put my bike on the bus? – Learn about how to get your bike on the bus with style.
- Ride the bus if you have a disability – Speak to a King County Metro Access representative directly at 1-800-201-8888.
- Metro Transit (King County)
- Sound Transit (Regional provider)
- Pierce Transit (Pierce County)
- Community Transit (Snohomish County)
Can't find what you want? Call a Rider Service Representative at Metro (206-553-3000 or TTY 206-684-1739) or Sound Transit (1-888-889-6368, TTY Relay: 711) – they are friendly and very knowledgeable.
RapidRide B Line
Metro's RapidRide B Line travels between the Bellevue and Redmond transit centers. Along the way, it makes limited stops that include Crossroads, the eastern portion of Overlake, the Microsoft campus, and North Redmond. It operates with 10-15 minute service most of the day.
Mix & Match Your Commute
|Did you know all Metro buses have bike racks?|
|How far IS it to the bus stop? Use Trip Planner, then skip the gym and enjoy a free walk.|
|Work at home one day a week or so.|
|Bus stop too far from home? Drive to a park and ride then board the bus.|